Wednesday 21 January 2015

Canada to India.....Australia to Cornwall.....Singapore to Hong Kong.....From the West to the East.....From the rich .....to the poor.....Victoria loved them all........

What do you do when you find a post that was started.... not finished.... added to and then neglected? ..... I found this entry today, I'd forgotten about it. But here it is anyway as it continues to tell the story of one moment in time - albeit almost 3 months ago now.



I've been feeling very melancholy this week. It's a little tough at work at the moment.... although I'm pretty sure I'm not alone there. It a tough market for all mining services companies .....
I had an appointment with Dr Ben. All good (as usual) .....afterwards  I went for my Zometa infusion. I thought maybe I was almost finished with these, but it appears I will continue with Zometa for quite a while (like the next year or two). Not that it is an issue for me at all. But it can mentally be difficult sometimes to sit in the chemo ward having an infusion. That constant reminder that  you're not "quite" free of it. It's a lonely place on the chemo ward. I've recently changed to a new one at a different hospital. It's very close to work so I can walk there from my office and be back at work straight afterwards. However the vibe is different at this one.  It's just a bit quieter..... and darker. I took work documents with me to pass the time. It's much easier to actually get some work done at hospital than in the office - no interruptions or phone calls !!
The other thing that affected me was the sad news of a very close friend losing her dad suddenly. I'm not going into it here as it's not my place to. But needless to say, it reminds me of how precious life it and how devastating it is when you lose a parent..... it's made me constantly think of mum. I guess when you start thinking about all the fun and frivolity of the Christmassy weeks ahead, you automatically think of family too. (well I do... I'm lucky I guess)
Which does lead me to happier moments.... like Christmas.... pressies...... mistletoe & wine.... I just LOVE Christmas. I love the decorations, the lights, the parties, the gifts, the laughter, the food. Please don't get me wrong. I know there are people less fortunate in the world. There is sickness, war, poverty and all sorts of awful happenings around our globe..... but I am an extremely lucky person and I am going to appreciate that fact by having fun and making the most of it. I am bringing back Advocaat !!!(If I can find it)
                                                 
                                                                  {insert 2 weeks later}

So that was 2 weeks ago..... I forgot to click on "publish" and there it sat, just a little lonely post.
It's been a busy couple o' weeks ! Work has remained the same..... tough. Christmas is well & truly underway. The decorations are all up, three trees and twinkling lights everywhere. We had our annual Christmas party. Entertained a few friends who ate their way through 25Kg's of Meat in Hot Roast Rolls. But some sad news..... I wasn't able to find the Advokaat !! devo.... but Christmas isn't here yet, there is still time to hunt for some.

No comments:

Post a Comment