Tuesday 25 March 2014

I drink a little more than recommended....This world ain’t exactly what my heart expected....Tryna find my way someway, oh I, oh I, oh I.....

Hello, my name is Vicky and it's been 257 days since my last blog !! <inset round of applause here> 
I don't know why I stopped writing my blog. Maybe because it was a bit of a reminder of "sick times" and now I'm well.... maybe I just got lazy (more likely) or just caught up in the rat-race again.....I also think that when I first intended to write my blog, it was going to be about my journey through chemo, stem cell transplant etc. In the hope that my story might help someone that is going through things alone..... I know my journey isn't over, but I don't want to bore people. But then I guess you don't have to read if you're bored ! <yawn> Maybe I just got caught up again in the rat-race called living !! I can say though that in the past 257 days since my last blog I have been to South Africa, Thailand / Koh Samui, New Zealand, Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver and in just a few short weeks will head to Bali. So not a bad rat-race really.....

So... what now? I've decided to continue writing, if and when I feel the urge. I constantly blog in my head. Meandering thoughts about what I would write each day... but then forget when I'm near my computer to write it down. So I may do random blogs.... some short, maybe just the odd picture here and there.... or a new song I've just heard that tickles my fancy ! (Thanks CT for the title song )
The past 257 days have also bought an abundance of births and marriages amongst our friends. I am proud to be "Aunty Vix" to so many new additions. Dirk & I are more than happy to entertain and enjoy watching the new kiddlies - but no, this doesn't mean we have changed our minds. We can hand them back as soon as the A) Cry, B) Smell, C) I get Bored !! It's the perfect solution. But we still get to spoil them and get cuddles and giggles..... so blessed.
I'm still taking heaps of pic's. Not one everyday, but especially since I've been on the road so much. And I'm cooking a lot. I've noticed this seems to be one of the major hobbies that I enjoy and helps me wind down after work. We've been eating some pretty shit hot food lately (even though I say so myself !) and I have been going mad cooking curries, bread and cup-cakes. Dirk & I are still attending our cooking classes. This year, we're doing "meat" classes (sorry to all you vegetarians) The classes are pretty amazing... learning about different cuts of meat and tasting them. The class is taken by a local (very well known and popular) butcher. 
Oh and I forgot to mention... my health is still good. I've just about finished having Zometa infusions now and my blood test results have not shown anything out of normal range for the past year. (Yay)
So there it is... a boring blog about nothing..... but for those of you that take the time to read it - thank you. And I guess it's good to have nothing to write about other than travel, good health and cooking.... especially given the reason for starting it......

No comments:

Post a Comment